Guam Symphony Society is a non-profit 501(c3) arts organization that was officially incorporated in February of 1967. The society consists of approximately 70 dedicated orchestral musicians and chorale singers. The majority of these talented members come from Guam, but they are often joined by musicians and singers from Saipan, the mainland U.S., Hong Kong, Japan and Korea. The organization was established to promote means and opportunities for the education of the public with respect to the study and culture of vocal and instrumental music and for the enjoyment of the community. Since its conception it has served as the leading source of classical music for Guam and Micronesia at large. Along with the organization's passion for classical music it presents a variety of classic pops and traditional music native to the island. Guam Symphony Society strives to engage the community through superb musicianship, promoting local talent, and aiding in the development of young artists.
We are looking for an energetic individual to assist the Board of Directors with the execution of performances, community events, and regular organizational upkeep of our non-profit. The individual must be comfortable liaising with volunteers, members of the board, individual and corporate sponsors, outside contractors, and other prominent members of the community in order to ensure the success of each event.
- Maintain the organization's daily administrative activities, including, but not limited to: regularly checking the PO Box, ordering office supplies, organizing and cataloging the music library, answering all inquiries via telephone, email, and Facebook
- Organize and attend monthly board meetings
- Market the organization to the community through advertisements, press releases, social media campaigns, arranging interviews, and material distribution
- Assist the Board of Directors with Individual and Corporate Sponsorship
- Arrange logistics for all events with internal and external parties
- Create concert materials with the Graphic Design Intern (tickets, posters, and program booklets)
- Ensure that professional memberships and business related filing occurs on time
- Assist the Music Director with the arrival of Guest Artists
- Apply for grants and other relevant foundations on behalf of the organization
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Communication, Music, or other related field preferred, or commensurate with experience
- Exemplary writing and communication skills
- Background in and/or thorough understanding of music is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends throughout the performing season
Please send CV/Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Administrative Assistant" as the subject line.
Please use the Contact Us page if you are interested in becoming a volunteer, or require any additional information about our events.