46th Season's Concerts
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- 46th Season Opening Concert “American Salute” featuring guest conductor Eden Jeon.
- 23rd Annual Holiday Seaside Concert
- 2013 Young Artists Competition
- Children's Concert
- 2013 Young Artists Competition Award Winners Concert
- Spring Concert Russian Romantics featuring Katya Grineva
- 46th Season Finale Concert “Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 in Chamorro”
P.O. Box 4069, Hagatna, GU
Phone: (671) 477 - 1959
Mobile: (671) 687 - 7227
The Guam Symphony Society is a non-profit organization that promotes fine music on the island of Guam Since 1967, the Society has promoted classical and classic pops music to a beautiful island through the Guam Symphony Orchestra, Chorale, and their guests from around the world.
The Guam Symphony Orchestra, under the direction of music director Dr. Stephen Bednarzyk, consists of approximately 50 dedicated volunteer musicians, most of whom come from Guam. Occasionally, musicians from Saipan, the mainland U.S., Hong Kong, Japan and Korea join the orchestra for special performances.
One desire of the founders was to provide a means to develop local musical talent. Today, the Society provides performance experiences for amateur and professional musicians. Through the annual Young Artist Competition, children and youth in the community are encouraged to develop their talents.
Our orchestra and chorale play an important role in the musical life of the island. As the only organization of its kind in Micronesia, the Guam Symphony Society is dedicated to providing opportunities for musicians and listeners to experience quality symphonic music.